Wednesday’s NFL injury and roster news for Week 10
Christian McCaffrey won’t be on the field today … or this Sunday.
The Carolina Panthers running back won’t practice Wednesday as he deals with a painful shoulder injury and has already been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Rapoport added McCaffrey is getting a second opinion on his hurt shoulder.
McCaffrey suffered the injury late in Sunday’s close loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. The running back was slammed hard to the turf and was clearly in pain on the sideline during subsequent plays. He returned for the Panthers’ final plays.
Rapoport reported earlier this week that the shoulder injury could force CMC to miss more time after he recently returned after sitting out six weeks due to a high-ankle sprain.
With McCaffrey unable to suit up Sunday, Mike Davis is in line to regain his sizable workload. Receiver Curtis Samuel could also see additional backfield snaps, where he’s seen increasing usage in recent weeks.
Here’s other injuries and roster news we’re tracking on Wednesday:
- Miami Dolphins wideout Preston Williams will be placed on IR with his foot injury, coach Brian Flores told reporters. His injury is a little more significant than they thought, he stated.
- The Baltimore Ravens have activated cornerback Marlon Humphrey from the Reserve/ COVID-19 list, the team announced.
- Houston Texans coach Romeo Crennel said running back David Johnson, who left Sunday’s game with a concussion, will probably not practice today.
- Washington Football team running back Bryce Love is returning to practice after dealing with a knee injury.
- The Arizona Cardinals activated linebacker Devon Kennard and cornerback Byron Murphy from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Arizona also signed cornerback Johnathan Joseph, placed cornerback Kevin Peterson (concussion) on injured reserve and designated defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence and offensive lineman J.R. Sweezy to return from IR. Running back Kenyan Drake (ankle) returned to practice.
- The Cincinnati Bengals activated linebacker Jordan Evans and cornerback Mackensie Alexander from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Cincinnati also designated guard Xavier Su’a-Filo to return from injured reserve. Running back Joe Mixon did not participate in team drills today, coach Zac Taylor said.
- Los Angeles Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said defensive end Joey Bosa will participate in individual drills today, but he’s still in the concussion protocol.
- New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) and receiver Sterling Shepard (toe/hip) were limited in practice.
- The Indianapolis Colts have placed linebacker Matthew Adams on the Reserve/COVID-19 List. Wideout T.Y. Hilton (groin) was a full participant at practice. Tight end Jack Doyle (concussion) has been ruled out vs. Titans. Tight end Mo Alie-Cox (knee) is questionable.